After having completed this course or attained an equivalent competence level, the student
• Understands the basic concepts and theories of experience economy.
• Knows the basics of sustainable business operations and recognizes the objectives and steps of Sustainable Travel Finland -programme
• Understands the importance of corporate responsibility and sustainability in business operations
• Recognizes relevant legal concepts and regulations applicable in the hospitality industry and is able to search and use legal information from reliable legal sources
• Is able to outline the basic contractual principles and assess basic contractual liabilities
• Knows the basics of consumer protection rules regulating consumer contracts as well as the core rules regulating employment contracts
Experience economy ecosystem
Core components of corporate responsibility
Principles of Sustainable Travel Finland -programme
Basic legal concepts
Introduction to legal environment of the hospitality industry
Basics of contract, consumer protection and employment law
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Recognizes the key concepts and principles of experience economy.
Is able to describe main principles of sustainability and sustainable operations in business
Recognizes core legal concepts and rules regulating the hospitality field and related essential legal sources.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Understands the relevance of experience economy in tourism and hospitality businesses
Is able to evaluate and execute sustainability principles in business operations
Understands the basics of corporate responsibility and how to implement them in practice
Recognizes typical legal questions relevant for hospitality field, finds suitable legal sources and is able to apply them to basic practical situations.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Understands the relevance of experience economy in development of tourism and hospitality businesses
Is able to analyse any development needs for sustainability in a company’s business operations.
Recognizes typical legal questions relevant for the hospitality field, is able to find broad variety of legal sources and apply them independently to customary situations faced by businesses in the hospitality field.
27.03.2023 - 19.05.2023
02.01.2023 - 24.03.2023
Salla Ursin, Pia Vapaavuori
15 - 40
EXPER Hospitality and Tourism Experience Management