After completing the course, the student:
- can explain the key concepts of brand building.
- can justify the importance of a sustainable brand and marketing strategy for business, marketing and management.
- is able to identify the elements of and build a brand and marketing strategy, taking into account ethics, sustainability and responsibility.
- is able to apply theories of branding and marketing communications in practice in a digital environment.
- is able to analyze brands and use this knowledge to develop brand marketing.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Starting level: Customer Insights and Marketing as well as Customer Experience and Sales should be completed beforehand. This course is part of the Marketing and Communication specialization learning path for the Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Brand Strategy: Customer-based Brand Equity as the Basis of Business, Brand Storytelling, Brand Identity and Positioning, Brand Value Chain
- Planning and Implementation of a Sustainable Brand Strategy
- Developing a Uniform Brand Experience in Various Channels, Integrated Marketing Communication
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Assessment Criteria - Grade 1
The student can explain the basic concepts related to brand and marketing strategy. S/he is able to name some of the goals of a brand strategy and understands the role of marketing as a competitive asset.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Assessment Criteria - Grade 3
The student is able to describe the key concepts and processes of brand and marketing strategy. S/he understands their role in the organization and the connection to business goals. The student is able to apply theory in practice and design brand marketing solutions that take ethics, sustainability and responsibility into account.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Assessment Criteria - Grade 5
The student masters the concepts and processes of brand and marketing strategy. S/he is able to evaluate and apply theory and various frameworks to achieve business goals. The student is able to build a brand and marketing strategy and use it to add value to the customer, taking into account ethics, sustainability and responsibility. S/he is able to analyze brands and evaluate the implementation of a customer-driven brand strategy in marketing. The student can communicate their solutions professionally.