You know the objectives, elements, tools and processes of performance management, can analyse their functionality and suggest improvements. You understand how employees can be motivated and engaged through total reward management. You also know the importance of managing employee wellbeing and the methods and processes to manage it. You know the purpose and process of exit management. You can use quantitative methods to measure and analyse employee engagement, wellbeing and satisfaction through surveys.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisite: HRM1LF101 Basics of Human Resource Management or equivalent competence.
- Performance management
- Total rewards
- Employee engagement
- Wellbeing at work and managing work-related stress
- Exit management
- Employee surveys
- Quantitative data analysis (descriptive statistics, graphical presentation, correlation)
- Statistical inference
- Interpreting and reporting quantitative research findings.
Assessing the validity and reliability of results
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts within the course’s scope, but are yet to develop the general view and the big picture of the subject matter.
- Skills: - You can complete given tasks and assignments with assistance. You need to develop how to apply knowledge.
- Competence: You demonstrate some ability to perform skills and have basic knowledge, but you have difficulty to manage without assistance
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts well and can explain how the theories and models function and the tools are used. You have a general view of the subject matter.
- Skills: You complete given tasks and assignments independently. You apply knowledge in hands-on business related situations. You can critique your own practice and identify ways to improve.
- Competence: You demonstrate sufficient ability to perform skills and have basic to good knowledge. You can perform independently, but you have some challenges in passing on your skills and knowledge to others. You have an interest in professional development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Knowledge: You have a strong command of the key and related concepts. You can critically evaluate theories, models and tools. You can demonstrate explicit knowledge of the subject matter, and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Skills: You apply knowledge in demanding business related situations. You can prioritize and critically select tools and methods for solving complex problems in the subject matter.
- Competence: You execute skills with natural proficiency and you have detailed and explicit knowledge. You can perform independently and you are also able and actively willing to help others develop and pass on your skills. You have an attitude of continuous professional development.