Mon 12.15 – 13.45 H4009
Thu 10.00 – 11.30 H4009
Mon 16.00 – 17.30 H4009
Wed 15.00 – 16.30 H4009
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
• understands cultural differences between Finland and France.
• is able to talk about Finland in French
• understands French and Finnish societies
• is able to find information
• has taken in the French terminology and concepts of business life.
• Material provided by the teacher.
The material and assignments are based on real situations connected to French speaking people and organisations.
Written exam: Mon 16 May 16.00-18.00
The course aims at developing the ability to work with French speaking work organizations and clients.
17.01.2022 - 20.05.2022
• French civilization • Oral presentations on Finnish civilization • Information retrieval • French medias: newspapers, television, radio and internet • exercises for listening and reading comprehension
03.01.2022 - 14.01.2022
More information available on Moodle
1) Not attending the contact hours but doing the coursework and taking the test
One alternative available to students is that they complete all of the coursework and take the final exam, without attending the actual contact hours.
2) Recognition of prior learning
A student can demonstrate his or her equivalent language skills relating to the course objectives and content. This must be agreed upon with the teacher no later than two weeks before the course begins. Each student may attempt this only once in the period prior to the giving of the course. Evaluation is on a scale of 1-5.
0 - 6
Written exam on French/Finnish cultures and Societies 100%
Oral presentation P/F
Assignments are done
MUBBA Degree Programme for Multilingual Management Assistants, SEBBA Degree Programme in Business Service Solutions and Languages