A student who has completed this course or has acquired equivalent skills is able to:
- describe the importance and role of financial management as part of the company's decision-making and the basic concepts of management accounting
- apply the basics of managerial accounting techniques with high standard professional ethics and the role of communication as part of the management's accounting function;
- assess the impact of different parameters on the company's profitability;
- apply different management accounting methods to assess profitability and provide information for decision making
- Describe and apply the importance of working capital management
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Competence or course(s) required for precedence.
-Before completing this course, the student must have completed the key competence course related to Finance-Accounting.
The course is part of the joint studies of the economic and financial orientation area
in English. This course replaces the course ACC3LF102 Business Control and Anlaytics from the former curriculum, meaning both courses cannot be taken.
Basics of Financial Management, 5 cr - ECO001HH1AE
Principles of Accounting and Finance, 5 cr - ECO002TR1AE
Management accounting as part of the company's decision-making
- Finance department organization within a company
- Ehtical conduct of accounting professionals
-Cost behavour, Responsibility accounting, Cost volume profit model. Sustainability
-Management and management of working capital
- Communication of financial information
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- is able to present Financial information clearly and act analytically
-is able to refine numbers into information that is central to business development, which looks not only to the past but also to the future
-knows the most important basic concepts of management accounting and individual tasks
Assessment criteria - grade 3
-knows the basic concepts of management accounting and understands the connections between them.
-is able to apply different cost accounting methods to support pricing and operational management
- Is able to present information clearly and propose alternatives considering different aspects financial and non financial.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- knows and understands efficiently the tasks of management accounting, cost accounting and cost concepts, and understands their importance in decision-making
- is able to assess the impact of different decisions and translate them accurately into cost benefit analysis and how these impact company's operations and profitability.
- Is able to communicate financial information efficiently
Provided in moodle by the teacher. In some implementations we will use some other softwares like Procountor, Mylab Accounting, etc.