Upon completion of the module, the student is able to
• Know different stages of the thesis process
• Know the aim of her/his thesis
• Search for information in a variety of reliable sources.
• Define the key concepts of her/his thesis.
• Create a realistic schedule for her/his thesis
• Know requirements and the basic structure of the thesis.
• plan a research-based development project outline.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Studies specified by the degree.
• Thesis at Haaga-Helia
• Thesis process and progress in Wihi
• Student’s role and responsibilities during the thesis process
• Confidentiality in theses
• Content and extent of the thesis
• Content and extent of a research-based development project
• Source information search, reliable information and critical evaluation of them.
• Formal referencing
• Selection criteria for research and innovation methods
• Thesis reporting according to Haaga-Helia reporting guidelines
• Self management during the thesis process.