Upon completion of the course, the student
• is able to identify the characteristics of a successful and well-functioning event
• understands the meaning and purpose of event management
• understands the theory related to event management and how to apply it in practice
• is familiar with the planning and implementation processes of event management, and is able to operate with different stakeholders in a customer-oriented manner
• understands various factors, agents and roles related to event management within practical and theoretical framework
• is able to design, implement and evaluate a successful event
• is aware of risks related to event planning and its implementation
• learns to act and work professionally in a project team
Starting level and linkage with other courses
• Level: Professional studies
• Type: Elective
• the course is implemented as a project (3 credits). The students work in project teams or individually according to client brief and team assignments specified by the teacher in the beginning of the course. Supporting lectures also from event industry and team meetings will be arranged throughout the course.
• second part (2 credits) will consist of theory
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Student has some knowledge of the theory related to the work-based project and can apply some event management knowledge into practice.
Student can only partly work professionally in a project team.
Student can only partly understand the task and customer expectations.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Student has knowledge of the theory related to the work-based project and is able to apply the knowledge cooperation to the practical tasks and can apply event management knowledge into practice.
Student can work professionally in a project team and in good cooperation with the partners
Student understands the task and customer expectations.
Student is able to provide some grounds for the solutions and development ideas for the target organization
Student is able to search and apply information to the project work
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Student has excellent knowledge of the theory related to the work-based project and is able to apply the knowledge cooperation to the practical tasks.
Student works professionally and actively in a project team and in excellent cooperation with the partners.
Student can internalize the task and meet customer expectations.
Student is able to provide grounds for the solutions and development ideas for the target organization in a consistent way.
Student is able to search and apply information critically and analytically to the project work.
Event and report: 50%
Attendance to mandatory lectures 50%
Each absence from mandatory lectures lowers the grade by one.
16.01.2023 - 19.05.2023
02.01.2023 - 13.01.2023
Eeva Särkilahti, Anne Taipale
15 - 40
MUBBA Degree Programme for Multilingual Management Assistants