Customer Insight and Marketing MAR001HH1AE-3005 24.10.2022-16.12.2022 5 (IBEB1PA1, ...)+-
After having completed this course or attained an equivalent competence level, the student
- Can define basic concepts and processes of marketing
- Can describe customer-centric orientation, brand and service promises
- Knows how to utilise different sources and channels to find information that supports global customer understanding
- Can describe customer needs and customer journeys
- Can recognise the importance of cultural background in developing customer insights
- Knows how to recognise competitive means of marketing and can apply them in an ethical, responsible and sustainable manner
- Comprehensive understanding of consumer behavior and customer-related data to draw customer insights
- Comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the Marketing Mix/4Ps (Product, Price, Place, Promotion), and extended to the 7Ps (People, Physical Evidence & Processes) to develop a holistic marketing strategy
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Knows the basic concepts, processes and the main goals of marketing. Understands the importance of customer focus in operations. Can describe the competitive means and customer needs in marketing. Can name global sources and channels from which customer related information is available.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Can formulate marketing goals and understand the importance of branding and the service promise. Can compare competitive means of marketing and understands their connection to marketing and sales goals. Understands the principles of sustainable development, and the influence of culture on marketing and sales. Can collect information that supports customer insights from various sources. Can develop solutions to customer needs and communicate his or her own ideas.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Can justify the advantages and challenges of different means of competition and apply them to achieve marketing and sales goals. Is able to analyse the implementation of the principles of sustainable development in marketing. Understands the influence of culture in marketing and sales. The student is able to analyse customer needs and use marketing measures to develop added value for the customer and to communicate his/her own solutions professionally.