International Economics ECO020AS3AE-3001 25.03.2024-17.05.2024 5 op(IBE4PAACC, ...)+-
25.03.2024 - 17.05.2024
15 - 45
INTBBA International Business
No ongoing implementations yet.
No past implementations yet.
Students develop their knowledge of International Economics.
Classic and modern trade theories
Foreign exchange markets
Exchange rate determination
Exchange rate regimes
Project counseling and contact lessons. Class-based learning, and team project, assignments, and independent work. Examination.
If the student has obtained the relevant knowledge and skills elsewhere, for example at work, s/he can demonstrate the knowledge and skills through the RPL process.
Krugman, P., Obstfeld, M. & Melitz, M. 2019. International Economics. Global ed., 11e. Pearson. Selected chapters.
Hubbard, R.G. & O’Brien, A.P. 2019. Essentials of Economics. 6e. Pearson. Selected chapters. Or similar.
Lecture notes, articles, …
How does international trade benefit economies and consumers? Why do exchange rates change? What is the impact of these changes? These are important topics in international economics. If you see your future in international trade or finance, this course is essential for your future and professional career.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The student has successfully completed Principles of Economics (Yritykset, kuluttajat ja yhteiskunta), or equivalent.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
• knows some of the basic concepts of international economics
• knows some of the economic mechanisms in the international economic sphere
• in a team, is capable of analyzing some of the effects of the international economy on the firm
• understands news related to international economics
• knows where to look for information
Assessment criteria - grade 3
• knows how economics is related to international economics
• knows core concepts of both international trade and international finance
• can independently analyze effects of international trade and international finance on the firm
• feels comfortable when working in a team
• in a team, can make suggestions for preventive measures
Assessment criteria - grade 5
• has a very good understanding of the potential effects of international trade and international finance on the firm
• has a very good understanding of different models used in international economics
• can independently analyze potential opportunities in the international environment for the firm