World of Wines RES8RZ003-3004 28.03.2022-20.05.2022 3 (CONTACT, ...)+-
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
• understands the scope of and is capable of systematic tasting of wines
• understands environmental and human factors in the vineyard and winery which affect the style, quality and price of following wine types: red, white, sparkling and fortified wines
• knows the key factors affecting the style, quality and price of wines in the main wine producing countries and regions
• knows the key factors affecting the style, quality and price of wines made from the principal grape varieties in their most important production areas and regions
Starting level and linkage with other courses
• Systematic Approach of Tasting of wines (WSET Level 2)
• Factors affecting the style, quality and price of wines (red, white, sparkling and fortified wines)
• Principal wine of most important wine producing countries and regions (red, white, sparkling and fortified wines)
• Most important wines made from the principal grape varieties used around the world (red and white wines)
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student can identify, list and repeat the main wine theory concepts and issues.
She/ he present only few arguments based on theoretical framework.
The student has ability to repeat facts but might have missing parts in his/her knowledge.
She/ he doesn´t show particular interest towards learning about wine.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student can apply the wine theory concepts and reflect those in text with good arguments.
She/he can combine the key theoretical concepts to the practical level (e.g. tasting notes) on a basic level.
The student shows interest in studying wines of the world.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student can apply the wine theory concepts and reflect them into tasting notes.
She/he can combine the key theoretical concepts to the practical level (e.g. tasting notes) in proper manner.
Student applies sources with width and depth.
The student demonstrates advanced attitude and high interest in learning about the world of wines.
This course is developed for any student who finds the world of wines interesting or useful in their career.
The course is a free-choice and directed to those students who’s curriculum doe s not have any wine studies as compulsory topic. This rule excludes HOTRA and RUOKA students from the course.
The course is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
The course includes hospitality and tourism industry related assignments and case studies.
Course fee is 30 €
28.03.2022 - 20.05.2022
03.01.2022 - 25.03.2022
15 - 40
HOTEM Degree Programme in Hospitality, Tourism and Experience Management