After completing this course, the student:
- can explain the central concepts, practices and systems in data-driven marketing.
- can describe how visitor data drawn from digital channels (home pages, search engines and social media channels) can be analyzed and used for customer insights and decision making in marketing.
- can plan personalized marketing based on collected data as well as set objectives and metrics.
- will complete a certification in data-driven marketing.
- is able to take into account ethics, sustainability and responsibility in the handling of data.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Starting level: Customer Insights and Marketing as well as Customer Experience and Sales should be completed beforehand. This course is part of the Marketing and Communication specialization learning path for the Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- The importance and use of data in the development of marketing, including marketing research
- How the use of data drives marketing nowadays
- Artificial Intelligence, automation and robotics as part of marketing
- The fundamentals of data-driven marketing
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student can define the basic concepts and tools used in data-driven marketing. With assistance, the student can find the necessary information and analyze data as the starting point in marketing.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student can define the tools used in data-driven marketing as well as interpret the collected data. The student can find the necessary information and both analyze and make use of data as the starting point in marketing. The student understands the importance of measuring data and tracking for both customer insights and marketing.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student can define data-driven marketing and its special features with mastery. The student is able to competently find essential information, and s/he can independently analyze and make use of data in marketing. S/he can select the appropriate metrics and make suggestions for improvement. The student can professionally communicate solutions.