Nature and nature tourism are important pull factors of the tourism to Finland. This module is suitable for the students who are interested in developing further their skills to analyse and develop nature-based tourism.
Upon completion of this module, the student is able to
• demonstrate deeper understanding of different elements and possibilities of the nature tourism
• complete small development projects for nature tourism independently
• analyse and develop nature based tourism
• use various tools for developing sustainable nature- based tourism in a more professional way
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The student has successfully completed the module Nature Tourism 1. The module is a part of the elective advanced studies in Porvoo Campus competence-based curriculum.
• Nature tourism phenomenon and concept
• Finland’s nature for tourism business
• Different nature profiles and target groups
• Digitalisation of nature tourism
• Tools for development of nature tourism
• Nature tourism entrepreneurship
• Green care and nature wellbeing
• Food in nature and food from nature
• Sustainability in nature tourism
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The methods and tools used in the development project are rather insufficient. The theoretical framework supports the objective of the development project to a limited extent. The objectives are met partially and the value of the results of the project are not very significant for the commissioner/field. The self-directed work of the student is problematic at times. The student presents his/her work at the final seminar.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The theoretical framework supports the objectives of the development project well. The methods and tools used are suitable to reach the objectives of the project. The objectives of the project are met rather well and the results are rather significant to the commissioner/field. The student is self-directed and goal-oriented. The student presents his/her work at the final seminar in an appropriate manner.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The theoretical framework supports the objectives of the development project in an excellent manner. The methods and tools used are extremely well suited to meet the objectives of the project. The objectives of the project are met very well and the results are highly significant to the commissioner/field. The student works in an active, self-directed and goal-oriented way. The student presents his/her work at the final seminar in a creative, effective and professional manner.
This module takes place during the second half of the autumn semester