Management of Digital Service Development ICT4HM104-3004 16.01.2023-19.05.2023 5 (MAICTE, ...)+-
The course is an introduction to the development of digital services. The course is positioned between IT and business perspectives. Upon the successful completion of the course, the student:
- understands the development models and principles of digital service development
- understands technology diffusion and digital transformation
- can identify new business roles and market changes in digital transformation
- can identify potential value drivers, risks and measures in managing development
- can reflect on future development opportunities and technology trends
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Master’s level studies. All material and communication is in English, but you may choose between English and Finnish for your report language.
- An introduction to digital business and digital services
- The challenges of managing IT-based development projects
- The development models, stakeholders, processes and measurement of digital service development
- Digital transformation and technology diffusion models
- New digital business models, roles and emerging technologies
- Reflection of global IT trends and the digital future
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student partially understands development methods and principles but does not understand the role of IT in business development. Project work is limited.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
In addition to the skills and competences mentioned for Grade 1, the student has basic competence in planning and managing digital service development projects in a particular area. In addition, the student understands business and customer value in developing digital services. The project work demonstrates these skills and competences.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
In addition to the skills and competences mentioned for Grades 1 and 3, the student thoroughly understands the principles and success factors of digital service development and is able to adopt them in practice. The student can demonstrate these competences through professionally produced and completed project work. The student is able to reflect the development challenges and opportunities of digital service development in practice.
This course replaces the following course from the previous curriculum: Digitaalisten palveluiden kehittämisen johtaminen (Finnish)