The student who completes this course or has acquired equivalent competence is able to:
• Use Office Applications to succeed in individual- and teamwork in Haaga-Helia studies.
• Apply data security and protection practices in own work and studies.
• Use modern collaboration tools appropriately.
• Create accessible Office documents.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequiste Digital skills (1 cr) or comparable knowledge.
This course belongs to Haaga-Helia Key Competencies for all degrees.
Collaboration tools (M365: Microsoft Teams and OneDrive)
Data security and data protection
Word processing (Word)
Presentation graphics (PowerPoint)
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Can create, edit, and save files using Office tools
- Is able to share files with different permissions
- Masters basic concepts of data security and data protection
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knows how to independently use office tools to speed up work tasks.
- Is able to act securely while respecting data protection.
- Knows the basic concepts of systems and web applications.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Is able to apply tools for practical tasks.
- Knows the risks of your network environment and knows how to protect your files and folders.
- Know the basics of systems and application procedures.
The course material is based on English versions of Microsoft Office Word, Excel ja PowerPoint applications.
To complete the course assignments, you must install Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications on your computer, their browser based online versions are not sufficient.
Course material is for Windows versions of apps, Mac users are not supported.