Budgeting and Performance Evaluation ACC3LF104-3008 18.01.2021-21.05.2021 5 (LF5PACC, ...)+-
You can prepare operational and financial budgets and measure performance against the targets. You are able to estimate revenues, expenses and resources over a certain period, including financing of the planned actions. You apply different budgeting techniques. You monitor and evaluate the business performance against the set goals. You present and communicate effectively the financial information within the organization. You make a qualitative research in the field of budgeting or performance evaluation
Starting level and linkage with other courses
ACC1LF101 - Basics of Financial Management
· master budget of a company
· forecasting and budgeting methods
· flexible budgets and variance analysis
· goal setting and measuring against the targets
· key performance indicators
· balance scorecard
· qualitative research method
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts within the course’s scope, but are yet to develop the general view and the big picture of the subject matter.
- Skills: - You can complete given tasks and assignments with assistance. You need to develop how to apply knowledge.
- Competence: You demonstrate some ability to perform skills and have basic knowledge, but you have difficulty to manage without assistance
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts well and can explain how the theories and models function and the tools are used. You have a general view of the subject matter.
- Skills: You complete given tasks and assignments independently. You apply knowledge in hands-on business related situations. You can critique your own practice and identify ways to improve.
- Competence: You demonstrate sufficient ability to perform skills and have basic to good knowledge. You can perform independently, but you have some challenges in passing on your skills and knowledge to others. You have an interest in professional development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Knowledge: You have a strong command of the key and related concepts. You can critically evaluate theories, models and tools. You can demonstrate explicit knowledge of the subject matter, and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Skills: You apply knowledge in demanding business related situations. You can prioritize and critically select tools and methods for solving complex problems in the subject matter.
- Competence: You execute skills with natural proficiency and you have detailed and explicit knowledge. You can perform independently and you are also able and actively willing to help others develop and pass on your skills. You have an attitude of continuous professional development.