Strategic Alliances at the Destination Level TOU3ZL002-3005 16.01.2023-19.05.2023 9 (EXCH, ...)+-
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
• practice sustainable collaboration in marketing, sales and product development
• implement the destination brand
• assure destination quality
• create sustainable innovations
• co-create sustainable business opportunities at the destination level
Starting level and linkage with other courses
To be studied after the courses: Introduction of Travel and Tourism Business (Johdanto matkailuun liiketoimintana) OR Global and Local Perspectives of Travel and Tourism AND Travel and Tourism Business at a Destination AND Crafting Travel and Tourism Experience Products.
To be studied together with the course Tourism Destination Project 2.
• Strategic mindset to ensure competitiveness of the destination
• The role of strategic alliances in developing sustainable, successful operations at a destination
• Destination brand, marketing and sales networks
• Destination safety management
• Sustainable tourism
• Consistent destination quality
• Future forecast techniques
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Student lists some examples for strategic networks at a destination level. Student names cooperation practices in marketing, sales and product development. Student lists factors impacting in destination quality and brand.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Student introduces methods for strategic cooperation at a destination. Student compares tourism destination brands. Student applies quality and innovation theories into practical level through case studies. Student introduces suitable ideas for new business opportunities at the destination level.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Student assesses destination strategic collaboration in regard to destination competitiveness. Student gives justified suggestions for development in marketing, sales and product & brand development Student analyses impact of strategic decisions and strategic work at a destination level. Student innovates new business opportunities at the destination level.