The overall objective of the course is to give the students insight into cloud services from both business and technology perspectives. Typically, business students focus more on the business value whereas information technology students have a stronger focus on technology.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- knows the concept and definition of cloud computing
- understands the opportunities of cloud services from the business viewpoint
- understands how cloud computing may be used in product development, software development as well as in infrastucture
- knows how to use at least one of the most common PaaS and IaaS platforms for developing software and for administering virtual servers
- is capable of planning and implementing a cloud services related project