HR Strategy and Change HRM3LF105-3005 05.10.2020-18.12.2020 5 (LF5PHRM, ...)+-
You understand the purpose of, and the processes and tools used in strategic HR planning. You are able to identify and discuss the challenges changing business environments set for strategic HR planning. You understand the importance of the strategic link between HR and business strategies. You can analyse organisational HR strategies and suggest improvements. You are able to draft a change communication plan for a specific organisational need and to analyse external HR data and understand its function in the annual reporting system.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisites: all compulsory HRM courses (HRM3LF101 Employer Branding, HRM3LF102 Talent Development, HRM3LF103 Talent Management and HRM3LF104 eHRM).
- HR strategy and planning
- Strategic HRM and strategic alignment
- Managing change and change communication
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts within the course’s scope, but are yet to develop the general view and the big picture of the subject matter.
- Skills: - You can complete given tasks and assignments with assistance. You need to develop how to apply knowledge.
- Competence: You demonstrate some ability to perform skills and have basic knowledge, but you have difficulty to manage without assistance
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts well and can explain how the theories and models function and the tools are used. You have a general view of the subject matter.
- Skills: You complete given tasks and assignments independently. You apply knowledge in hands-on business related situations. You can critique your own practice and identify ways to improve.
- Competence: You demonstrate sufficient ability to perform skills and have basic to good knowledge. You can perform independently, but you have some challenges in passing on your skills and knowledge to others. You have an interest in professional development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Knowledge: You have a strong command of the key and related concepts. You can critically evaluate theories, models and tools. You can demonstrate explicit knowledge of the subject matter, and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Skills: You apply knowledge in demanding business related situations. You can prioritize and critically select tools and methods for solving complex problems in the subject matter.
- Competence: You execute skills with natural proficiency and you have detailed and explicit knowledge. You can perform independently and you are also able and actively willing to help others develop and pass on your skills. You have an attitude of continuous professional development.