Close study at school. Individual and group assignments.
Material used in lessons: Techer´s slides, articles, videos.
Close contact to working life with a joining course Hotel Project.
No Exams. Course content is determined by assignments and management team meetings.
Examples of international service companies. Potential business visitors and visiting teachers. The course always has exchange students.
22.08.2022 - 16.12.2022
Total of 100% or points. Assignment 1 (in teams period 1) - max. 60 points Management team meetings (individually in period 2) - max. 40 points You need 40 points or % to pass the course: 40-54 p. = grade 1, 55-66 p.= 2, 67-78 p.= 3, 79-90 p. = 4, 91-100 p. = 5.
13.06.2022 - 19.08.2022
Period 1 & 2: From August to December, total 16 weeks. 9 ECTS.
Upon completion of the course, the student
• critically identifies and analyzes international hotel concepts and business models
• evaluates the right managerial skills and implements them in managing an accommodation business
• recognizes different earning principles and can justify economical and profitable decisions
• evaluates and manages performance in a diverse and multicultural environment
• Management team and it's responsibilities
• Various business revenue models and trends
• Managing demand and supply
• Productivity and performance measurements and management
Close study at school.
Nina Niemi, Anna-Liisa Aarti, Thomas Kingelin
15 - 40
You need 40 points or % to pass the course:
40-54 p. = grade 1, 55-66 p.= 2, 67-78 p.= 3, 79-90 p. = 4, 91-100 p. = 5.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student can name international hotel concepts, business models and earning models. The student identifies and can discuss essential managerial skills in a diverse and multicultural accommodation business environment.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student can name, compare and analyze international hotel concepts, business models and earning models. The student identifies essential managerial skills and can implement them in managing a diverse and multicultural accommodation business.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student critically compares and analyzes international hotel concepts, business models and earning models, and based on that justifies economical and profitable decisions. The student critically identifies and implements essential managerial skills in managing and evaluating performance of a diverse and multicultural accommodation business.
HOTRA Hotelli- ja ravintola-alan liikkeenjohdon koulutusohjelma