Fundamentals and Future in Tourism and Hospitality HOS001RE1AE-3016 01.08.2022-31.07.2023 5 (DEMO)+-
After successful competition of the course, the student is able to:
1. Outline the most important evolution stages of the tourism and hospitality industry.
2. Understand the changes in the needs and aspirations of key industry stakeholders (e.g., customers, employees, companies) over time.
3. Understand the importance of cultural diversity in the field of tourism and hospitality, and identify the most important organizational culture models.
4. Outline the key forces for change and trends affecting the future of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
1. History and evolution of tourism and hospitality.
2. Key tourism and hospitality industry stakeholders and their needs.
3. The cultures within the tourism and hospitality industry (e.g. consumer- and organization cultures).
4. Evolution of business models in the tourism and hospitality industry.
5. Driving forces shaping the future of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student is able to recognize and understand the major development stages, stakeholders, and organizations of the tourism and hospitality industry. Also, the student is able to describe key forces influencing the development of the industry.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student is able to analytically describe the differences between the needs and requirements of different stakeholders, organisation cultures, business models, and change drivers within the tourism and hospitality industry.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student is able to analyse the overall evolution of the tourism and hospitality industries and propose justified scenarios, new ideas, approaches for the future.