Online meetings: 64 hrs (4hrs per week during 2 periods) including the tests.
Independent study: 70 hrs
Self-assessment of learning: 1 hr.
In the first period we will have only online meetings, in the second period there might be also contact teaching on campus.
The first meeting will be held on Zoom 31.8. at 16.00-17.30.
Upon completing the course the student will learn
• the Russian Cyrillic alphabet,
• the peculiarities of and importance of proper syllable stress and intonation,
• how to read, pronounce and write basic Russian words and sentences,
• how to understand simple spoken language (also in a business context), basic written messages and instructions,
• basic Russian grammar,
• basic information about themselves in Russian,
• to hold a basic everyday conversation
Teacher: Elisabet Rappu
Tel. 040 4887290
• Coursebook: T. Blum, E. Gorelova, Путь к успеху / The Road to Success 1, Facultas, 2017, kpl 1 - 5
• Workbook: T. Blum, E. Gorelova, Путь к успеху / The Road to Success, Facultas, 2017, kpl 1 - 5
• Teacher's materials shared on Moodle and in class
The course offers students the elementary level of spoken and written business communication.
The group consists of students with international background. The course provides information about Russian culture and language.
24.08.2020 - 18.12.2020
• basics of Russian pronunciation, • culture-related concepts, • greetings and introductions, • setting up an appointment, • speaking about themselves, their studies and work
17.08.2020 - 28.08.2020
Mondays and Wednesdays, 16:00-17:30, in the fall 2020 semester.
The feedback is individual.
15 - 40
Evaluation is based on written tests and the listening comprehension assignment, as well as a demonstration of spoken skills.
Attendance is likely to have influence on the language command, and thus, on the grade. The participation is graded on a scale of 0-5. See the assessment criteria below.
LIIDI Degree Programme in Business Service Solutions and Languages, SEBBA Degree Programme in Business Service Solutions and Languages