- Contact lessons with lectures, modified PBL sessions and class discussions. - Virtual study of literature and other course readings independently. - Team project work
Course book: Barrow, S. and Mosley, R.2005 or later. Bringing the Best of Brand Management to People at Work. John Wiley Sons. Chichester. Also available an e-book in HAAGA-HELIA’s Finna. To locate it type the search string: “Employer brand: bringing the best of brand management to people at work”. Additional literature related to - Employer branding - Qualitative research methods - History of HRM
- The course project focuses on analysing the employer brand of 20+ international companies. - The quest speaker, Country Director from Universum Finland, from presents employer branding trends from Finland and around the world.
- The course focuses on international HRM and builds on a multicultural student group sharing their learnings. The course project focuses on analysing the employer brand of 20+ international companies. - The quest speaker, Country Director from Universum Finland, presents employer branding trends from Finland and around the world.
19.08.2019 - 13.12.2019
- Orientation assignment. - Modified PBL sessions with debriefing sessions. - Qualitative Employer Branding research project in teams and as a class. Detailed instructions available in the Moodle course environment.
17.06.2019 - 23.08.2019
- Periods 1 and 2 in autumn semester 2019 - Weekly schedule is available in the Moodle course environment.
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at GLOBBA Student SharePoint --> Recognition of Learning tab.
15 - 40
As the course is 65% in class and 35% distance, the attendance requirement in the contact sessions is 100%. Class sessions are crucial for knowledge sharing and working on the project in teams and as a class.
- Pass/fail: Distance assignment orienting to the course
- 33%: Learning assignment 1: History of HRM (individual) is assessed using the PBL evaluation matrix.
- 33%: Learning assignment 2: Employer Branding (individual) is assessed using the PBL evaluation matrix.
- 34%: Learning assignments 3 Employer Branding Project (team) assessed using the course assessment matrix. Each team is assessed on the chapters they are responsible for writing into the joint class report.
GLOBBA Degree Programme in International Business