Accommodation Business Management HOT3RH003-3008 23.08.2021-17.12.2021 9 (EXCH, ...)+-
Upon completion of the course, the student
• critically identifies and analyzes international hotel concepts and business models
• evaluates the right managerial skills and implements them in managing an accommodation business
• recognizes different earning principles and can justify economical and profitable decisions
• evaluates and manages performance in a diverse and multicultural environment
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Recommended to be studied after the course Esimiestyö ja toiminnan kehittäminen majoitusliikkeessä, and to be studied together with the course Strategic Management and Human Resources Management in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Industry. This course is strongly connected to HOT3RH004 Hotel Project, they compose a unit that needs to be studied together.
• Management team and it's responsibilities
• Various business revenue models and trends
• Managing demand and supply
• Productivity and performance measurements and management
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student can name international hotel concepts, business models and earning models. The student identifies and can discuss essential managerial skills in a diverse and multicultural accommodation business environment.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student can name, compare and analyze international hotel concepts, business models and earning models. The student identifies essential managerial skills and can implement them in managing a diverse and multicultural accommodation business.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student critically compares and analyzes international hotel concepts, business models and earning models, and based on that justifies economical and profitable decisions. The student critically identifies and implements essential managerial skills in managing and evaluating performance of a diverse and multicultural accommodation business.
Working life connections
This course involves multicultural project work commissioned by an external company.
Collaboration with international operators in the industry.
Mode of delivery
23.08.2021 - 17.12.2021
14.06.2021 - 20.08.2021
Nina Niemi, Anna-Liisa Aarti, Thomas Kingelin
15 - 40
HOTRA Degree Programme in Hotel and Restaurant Management