After successfully completing the course, the student
* can introduce oneself, give basic information about oneself and ask simple questions
* can understand and use basic expressions and simple sentences in routine everyday situation
* is able to deal with some everyday social situations and handle simple shopping situations
* is aware of the basic characteristics of the Finnish language, culture and habits
* is able to use the surrounding language environment to develop one’s language skills.
The target level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR is A1.