After completion of this course or the equivalent assessment of prior learning, the student will be able to:
- Identify the motives and risks of internationalization.
- Compare and contrast internationalization processes and strategies.
- Differentiate how multinational companies operate (location, communication, decision making, etc.)
- Compare and assess the suitability of various market entry modes to identify the optional ways to grow in selected markets
- Articulate the process to create a partner network
- Recognize the different strategic options of the company to make a reliable market assessment
- Explain and criticize the challenges and opportunities SMEs and MNCs face in terms of ethics, responsibility and sustainability when selling to markets abroad.
- Compare the cultural environment of business in developed and emerging markets.