The module further advances the competences from the Applied Coding 1 module: cultural awareness, customer understanding and business mindset, research methods, market research and product service development. The module is linked to the core modules Business Environment and Customer Competences.
• Virtual coding course diary with DataCamp
• Case Study Exam
• Class Tasks x 3
• Rouhiainen Lasse, 2017, Artificial Intelligence: 101 Things You Must Know Today About Our Future, ISBN: 1982048808
• E-books and online articles:
• Online tutorials
• Companies’ web portals
• Relevant media, news agencies, quality press, etc.
• Social networking tools
• Exercises, tests
• Instructors’ own materials
Possible company visits and guest lecturers and workshops from different companies and organizations.
There is one case study exam on a topic that the instructor will outline when the course starts. There are also 3 compulsory class assignments. Re-exams can be arranged during the module implementation, but must be agreed with the course instructor before the end of the module.
Possibility to operate with international teams and international lectures. Possible guest lecturers from international organizations and partner universities.
18.01.2021 - 21.05.2021
• Pre-Assign (Pass/Fail) • Virtual coding course diary (40%) • Case Study Exam (20%) • Class Tasks x 3 (each worth 13.3%) Dates for submission will be provided when the course starts.
04.01.2021 - 15.01.2021
Schedule will be provided at the start of the course.
a) Learning with contact teaching including assignments, project work, independent study and exams
b) Virtual learning including virtual study with assignments, project work via the Internet, project execution as a webinar and exams
* Students must have completed the Applied Coding 1 module before starting this module
15 - 40
Assessment methods will be completed via the virtual platform (Moodle or Google Classroom). These will be in the form of an exam, virtual diary for the DataCamp coding course and the three class assignments.
• Classroom activities
• Individual assignments
• Final deliverables
• Peer assessment
POMO Degree Programme in Tourism, VIMA Degree Programme in Sales and Visual Marketing, TEMPO Degree Programme in Tourism Event and Management, LIIPO Degree Programme in Business Management