Chinese for Beginners 2 CHI8LE220-3007 24.08.2020-18.12.2020 5 (3AMK, ...)+-
Target level: A1.2
The course is designed for students who have successfully completed Chinese for Beginner 1 coursework and have mastered the basic conversational skills required at a basic level. The student will not only be provided with further opportunities to practice simple conversations on familiar topics, but they will also be expected to create their own conversations based on a given situation. In addition, they will be exposed to some basic and simple Chinese characters and to the basic structural characteristics of Chinese characters. Chinese writing will be introduced at this level, too. Meanwhile, major aspects of Chinese customs and culture will be introduced in order to enrich the students’ experience in Chinese language learning.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Starting level: A1.1
Chinese for Beginners 1, or one semester of beginning level Chinese
A student will learn the vocabularies and expression on the following topics:
• telling the time, hobbies and everyday routines
• telling about one's family
• basic language skills in a tee house, café, bar, restaurant, shop, etc.
• basic language skills in traveling situations such as buying train and plane tickets, asking for directions, etc.
• different kinds of question sentences and their answers
• culture elements will be introduced during the contact hours
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The module is evaluated on a scale excellent (5), very good (4), good (3), satisfactory (2), fair (1), fail (0). The assessment criteria is presented on a scale 1 - 3 - 5.
• has limited capability to understand simple oral and written messages and transmit them to the recipient. Speaking and writing skills are passable as far as constructions and/or pronunciation is concerned.
• is able to recognize simple constructions and frequently used expressions in different situations.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
• is often able to understand simple oral and written messages and transmit them to the recipient. Speaking and writing skills are good as far as constructions and/or pronunciation is concerned.
• has readiness to apply the learned skills in practice on simple constructions in new situations.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
• is able to understand simple oral and written messages and transmit them successfully to the recipient. Speaking and writing skills are excellent as far as constructions and/or pronunciation is concerned.
• knows how to apply the learned skills in practice on simple constructions in new situations.
Contact hours once a week starting at 16 o´clock + internet teaching via Moodle
Mode of delivery
24.08.2020 - 18.12.2020
17.08.2020 - 28.08.2020
15 - 30
LIIDI Degree Programme in Business Service Solutions and Languages, SEBBA Degree Programme in Business Service Solutions and Languages