After completing the course, students will
• become familiar with the history, culture and economic situations of the main Chinese-speaking areas including mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
• be capable of talking about the general features of the Chinese economic life.
• learn more common characters used in Chinese written texts and documents.
• be able to understand a few types of basic Chinese documents with the help of Chinese computer programs
• be able to write Chinese characters and texts with the help of the most common word-processing programs
• be able to check the correctness of the written characters and texts with the help of internet tools