The learning goals of this module can be reached in the following ways:
• Interactive classroom activities
• Individual and pair work
• Internet learning via Moodle and Promentor
Assessing one´s own learning is a compulsory part of the module.
- Meiru Liu 2006: Basic Business Chinese, Beijing University Press
- Handouts and materials provided by the teacher
- The internet learning materials in Promentor
60% Contact teaching, 40% Distance learning
- The exam will be at the last teaching week before the intensive week.
- Re-exam via normal re-exam routines.
17.01.2022 - 18.03.2022
Course contents The course prepares students with basic language skills in both common everyday life and simple business situations. Learning materials cover for example the following items: • getting acquainted with a new person • introducing oneself and others • asking about time, schedule, etc. • telling about one’s own home, present life situation, friends and foreign language skills • ways of addressing customers and business partners • business companies, positions, rank and business card • business work unit, location and phone number
03.01.2022 - 14.01.2022
Alternative ways to complete the course
Not attending the contact hours but doing the assignments and taking the final exam.
Recognition of prior learning
A student can demonstrate his or her equivalent language skills relating to the course objectives and content. This must be agreed upon with the teacher no later than two weeks before the course begins. Each student may attempt this only once in the period prior to the giving of the course. Evaluation is on a scale of 1-5.
10 - 30
The final exam: 100%
MUBBA Degree Programme for Multilingual Management Assistants