Upon successful completion, the student has achieved an orientation to the target-language speaking market and culture and is able to:
• recognize the characteristics of the language (its sound system, its writing system, background, reach, etc.) and use some basic words and phrases in the target language
• acquire intercultural communication skills of the Chinese culture
• understand the basics of the business culture
• demonstrate some awareness of the market (history, politics, economy)
• explore the complexity of the business environment.