Business Controlling and Analytics ACC3LF102-3012 16.01.2023-19.05.2023 5 (CONTACT, ...)+-
Once you complete this course, if you study and work hard, engage and participate during the course, you will be able to plan, control and analyse profitability at different levels of operations and in different business fields, also constructing spreadsheet models.
You can cope with practical accounting problems in different decision-making situations using relevant information for profitability and pricing. You understand the costs associated with manufacturing products or providing services and effectively control costs by understanding the activities that drive costs. You can interpret, discuss, report and present the best solutions based on the accounting information.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
ACC1LF101 - Basics of Financial Management
ACC3LF101 - Financial Accounting
-value chain in a business
-role of managerial accounting in depth
-business and customer profitability analysis using different tools
-job costing and process costing
-ABC costing, lean production and total quality management
-relevant information for short term decisions
-cost and project controlling
-sustainability using environmental management accounting systems
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts within the course’s scope, but are yet to develop the general view and the big picture of the subject matter.
- Skills: - You can complete given tasks and assignments with assistance. You need to develop how to apply knowledge.
- Competence: You demonstrate some ability to perform skills and have basic knowledge, but you have difficulty to manage without assistance
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts well and can explain how the theories and models function and the tools are used. You have a general view of the subject matter.
- Skills: You complete given tasks and assignments independently. You apply knowledge in hands-on business related situations. You can critique your own practice and identify ways to improve.
- Competence: You demonstrate sufficient ability to perform skills and have basic to good knowledge. You can perform independently, but you have some challenges in passing on your skills and knowledge to others. You have an interest in professional development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Knowledge: You have a strong command of the key and related concepts. You can critically evaluate theories, models and tools. You can demonstrate explicit knowledge of the subject matter, and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Skills: You apply knowledge in demanding business related situations. You can prioritize and critically select tools and methods for solving complex problems in the subject matter.
- Competence: You execute skills with natural proficiency and you have detailed and explicit knowledge. You can perform independently and you are also able and actively willing to help others develop and pass on your skills. You have an attitude of continuous professional development.