After having completed this course or attained an equivalent competence level, the student:
- Can define basic concepts and processes of marketing
- Can describe customer orientation, brand and service promises
- Knows how to utilise different sources and channels to find information that supports customer understanding
- Can describe client needs and customer paths
- Knows how to recognise competitive means of marketing and can apply them in a responsible sustainable manner.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Knows the basic concepts, processes and the main goals of marketing. Understands the importance of customer focus in operations. Can describe the competitive means and customer needs in marketing. Can name sources and channels from which customer related information is available.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Can formulate marketing goals and understands the importance of brand and service promise. Can compare competitive means of marketing and understands their connection to marketing and sales goals. Understands the principles of sustainable development in marketing and sales. Can collect information that supports customer understanding from various sources. Can develop solutions to customer needs and communicate his or her own ideas.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Can justify the advantages and challenges of different means of competition and apply them to achieve marketing and sales goals. Is able to analyse the implementation of the principles of sustainable development in marketing. The student is able to analyse customer needs and use marketing measures to develop added value for the customer and to communicate his/her own solutions professionally.