Entrepreneurship and Business Operations, 5 cr - YHT1PE008
Course unit language
No upcoming implementations yet.
No ongoing implementations yet.
No past implementations yet.
After having completed this course or attained an equivalent competence level, the student:
- Knows how to act with entrepreneurial mindset, both alone and with others.
- Knows how to recognize and assess different business opportunities and models.
- Knows and understands entrepreneurship from individual, organizational and societal perspectives.
- Knows how to identify different ways of starting and running a business taking into consideration new opportunities generated by sustainable development (e.g. Circular economy)
- Knows how to identify the main business networks and their importance to oneself and to the organisation. .
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Is able to work both independently and in collaboration with team members. Takes responsiblity of one’s tasks and actions. Can describe different forms of business models and entrepreneurship from different perspecives. Knows the basic principles of corporate responsbility.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Is able to assess one’s own possibilities to be an entrepreneur. Understands the duties and responsibilities associated with different business formats. Is able to create networks and interest groups for the future. Knows the connection between business and sustainable development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Is able to assess the barriers and enablers for entrepreneurship. Can analyze and assess business opportunities. Is able to plan business operations for a startup firm.