My Tourism Business Projects Portfolio, 5 cr - TOU018AS2AE
Course unit language
No upcoming implementations yet.
My Tourism Business Projects Portfolio TOU018AS2AE-3001 09.01.2023-31.07.2023 5 op(NONSTOP)+-
09.01.2023 - 31.07.2023
Antti Petteri Kurhinen
0 - 100
No past implementations yet.
After this course, the student will be able to
- act as part of a work group in work-related projects/tasks
- use the knowledge and skills he/she has gained through his/her studies in work-related situations
- utilize the networks created in projects/tasks to promote his/her own career
- identify areas for development in the project/tasks and knows how to highlight them in an appropriate way
- lead others if he/she acts as a team leader.
- Working as an assistant/participant in various work-oriented projects or tasks or study tours in the tourism and hospitality field, which can be both Haaga-Helia's own and coordinated by external commissioner
- In some cases, the student also works in a more responsible role as a team leader.
- Depending on the project, the student can also be part of the planning group and participate in the conceptualization and preparations of the project.
Come and develop your knowledge and skills in the experience industry in real life working situations. Portfolio studies offer you an opportunity to participate in projects, work tasks or study tours of different commissioners. At the same time, you network with various operators in the field.
The student registers for the course according to the instructions of the teacher responsible for each project/work assignment/study trip. The student is involved in a project/work assignment/study trip and receives a certificate for the tasks completed or for his/her role as a team leader or other special task. He/she returns the written documents assigned to the given occasion, after which the student gets the amount of credits. 1-5 credits can be completed flexibly.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student has only partially completed the tasks assigned to him/her in the project. His/her work contribution has been unavoidable, and there is much to improve in the student's activities. The commissioner has not been completely satisfied with the student's work input/project result.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student has participated in the project in accordance with the given instructions. His/her work input and the end result of the project are good. The commissioner's feedback on the student's activities or the results of the project have been positive.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student has acted according to the given instructions but also had initiative and showed very independent way of working. He/she has taken excellent responsibility for the success of the project. The results of the project are succesful and the commissioner's feedback is excellent.