Upon completion of the course, the student
• understands how to write various types of messages and documents pertaining to doing business and managing business in Nordic countries.
• is able to manage internal and external communications in Swedish
• knows how to make report and presentations in demanding business situations
• acquire the skills required in managing corporate communications pertaining to personnel and finance.
In part focusing on written skills emphasis is on the Nordic business environment, organizational communication, meeting practices and corporate finance and writing different kind of documents on these themes. Students also write a short paper of a business area, partly in cooperation with some partner organizations.
In part focusing on oral skills there will be practice with presentations, group discussions, simulated business negotiations and meeting and recruitment events.
• business related articles
• part of annual report and various publications
• corporate administration texts
• meeting documents
• internal bulletins
• companies and organizations in Nordic content (spoken and written part
• press conferences
• negotiations and presentations
The course lasts one semester in which the students learn to develop earlier learned skills and implement those skills in practice. A student can demonstrate his or her equivalent language skills relating to the course objectives and content. This must be agreed upon with the teacher no later than one week before the course begins. Each student may attempt this only once in the period prior to the giving of the course. Evaluation is on a scale of 1-5.
Basic learning material will be available on Moodle. Company presentation materials, visiting lecturer from a company and/or seminars is also part of the content.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Secondary school Swedish or corresponding proficiency.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
• understands financial news and reports and is able to summarize their main points.
• uses vocabulary concerning an enterprise and its financial situation in some limited manner.
• is able to adequately apply during the course acquired skills to practice and is also able to use various sources of information.
• is able to share her/his
professional knowledge with others in a limited manner. The student is also able to participate in meetings and conversations in business interactions.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
• understands and is able to discuss financial news and reports and is able to summarize their main contents.
• has a good knowledge of vocabulary concerning an enterprise and its
• is able to apply well during the course acquired skills to practice and is able to use sources of
• is able to share her/his
professional knowledge and skill with others well. The student is also able to master meetings and conversations in business interactions.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
• understands and is able to discuss in depth challenging financial news and
reports, and is able to summarize their main contents in detail.
• has a wide knowledge of vocabulary concerning an enterprise and its financial
• is able to use sources of information successfully.
• adapts to cultural content very well and is also able to share his/her professional knowledge and skills with others very well. The student is also able to master meetings and conversations on higher levels in business interactions.