Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
• manage in a variety of oral and written communication situations in work and everyday life.
• share their own skills.
• communicate more fluently in Russia and Russian speaking countries, taking into account their cultural specificities.
• make use of information sources in the Russian language and the language area.
• use the language more confidently and naturally.
• introductions and greetings in formal situations
• argumentation skills
• discussing your own career plans
• company presentations
• customer service situations
• formal emails and phone calls
• deepening knowledge of the country and culture
1. Course implementation
2. In case you already have some prior knowledge in the language, you can demonstrate your prior learning for this course. Ask the responsible teacher for more information. You can obtain more information about RPL via the following link: http://www.haaga-helia.fi/fi/osaamisen-tunnistaminen-ja-work-study.
3. Work and study
T. E. Akishina, 2017. Russian for a Business Trip / Russkij dlja delovoi poezdki. Russkij jazyk. Kursy. Moskva
Welcome to study language Russian for the world of work! On this course, you will become familiar with introductions and greetings in formal worklife situations. You will develop conversational and customer service skills, and learn how to write formal emails. You will also learn to discuss your future career plans.
Co-ordinating Lecturer Elisabet Rappu
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Completion of courses Russian 1 and Russian 2 or similar knowledge acquired in another way.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student copes adequately with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Russian language is not yet progressing consistently. The language contains main structures, basic vocabulary and some professional vocabulary, but is sometimes difficult to understand and there is still a lot of room for improvement.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student copes well with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Russian language is progressing consistently and it is understandable. The language contains main structures, basic vocabulary and some professional vocabulary, but there is still room for improvement.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student copes very well with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Russian language is structurally clear and fluent. The student’s skills in the written and oral Russian correspond very well to the learning outcomes of the course in the most important professional and everyday communication situations.