Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- knows the stages of planning marketing communications campaign
- knows how to assist the marketing management in the planning and implementation of integrated and digital marketing communication activities.
- knows the modern marketing communications methods and channels.
- understands the importance of integration of marketing, communications and sales.
- knows how to collaborate with different stakeholders within marketing communications e.g. with advertising, media and PR agencies.
- knows how to identify problems, search information and share knowledge.
- can act and discuss professionally in a team
- planning and implementation of marketing communications activities
- integration of marketing, communications and sales
- outsourcing marketing & cooperation with agencies
- modern marketing communications methods
Problem Based Learning: tutorials and self-study
Team work and consultations
The course can be replaced by taking a similar (content and scope) course in Haaga-Helia or other university.
Student having strong experience in planning and implementation of marketing communications activities and working with different stakeholders can possible replace the course by proving the required knowledge by writing a career story with supporting portfolio and presenting it to the instructor and students of the course. If a student would like to proceed according to the RPL process s(he) should contact the instructor of the course during the pre-enrolment week or latest when attending the first lecture.
Moriarty, Mitchell & Wells 2012, Advertising & IMC, principles and practice
Clow, K. & Baack, D. 2009. Integrated Advertising, Promotion and Marketing Communications. 4th ed. Pearson/Prentice Hall.
Fill C. 2009. Marketing Communications, Interactivity, Communities and Content
Pelsmacker P, Geuens M & Van den Bergh J 2013. Marketing Communications, A European Perspective
Mia-Maria Salmi, Pasila
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The student has successfully completed the Basic Studies (Business Environment and Business Processes / Liiketoimintaympäristö tutuksi & Yrityksen prosessit).
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Student can partly understand the marketing planning process.
- Student can somehow understand the importance of integration of marketing, communications and sales.
- Student can only partly identify different stakeholders in marketing communications industry,
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Student knows the marketing planning process and the modern marketing - communications methods.
- Student understands the importance of integration of marketing, communications and sales.
- Student knows some stakeholders in marketing communications industry and understands how to collaborate with them.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Student knows very well the marketing planning process and the modern marketing communications methods.
- Student internalized the importance of integration of marketing, communications and sales.
- Student can identify the different stakeholders in marketing communications industry and fully understands how to collaborate with them.
Evaluation criteria, approved/failed
Passed courses are assessed on a scale of 1 to 5. The assessment criteria are presented for grades 1 - 3 - 5.