Students will learn about strategic concept and content planning and content production in marketing and communications. The student will be able to take into account ethics, sustainability and responsibility in their solutions. The student will be able to work in a team to design a branded visual and narrative marketing concept for a client company and/or Creative Agency Krea. The student will be able to produce distinctive, attractive and useful content in line with the concept in a target group-oriented and multichannel way. Students will be able to use a variety of graphic design and image editing software and digital storytelling platforms. The student will be able to work in an entrepreneurial way on client projects and to sell and justify their solutions.
Compniyr's brand strategy and guidelines
- customer understanding and market analysis
- strategic concept design
- visual communication and graphic design
- multichannel content production and target group-oriented storytelling
- entrepreneurship and self-driven teamwork in client projects
- The course involves working on client projects in a creative agency Krea
If you already know the content of this course, you can demonstrate your knowledge. If you know how to demonstrate your knowledge of this course, please ask your course teacher for more information
Anderson, Donald L (2019). Organization design: creating strategic & agile organizations. Sage
Fraser, Heather M.A (2019). Design works: a guide to creating and sustaining value through business design. University of Toronto Press.
Hanlon, Annmarie (2019). Digital marketing: strategic planning & integration Sage 2019
Lazauskas, J. & Snow, S. (2018). The storytelling edge: How to transform your business, stop screaming into the void, and make people love you. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. E-kirja.
Rodriguez, M. (2020). Brand storytelling: Put customers at the heart of your brand story. Kogan Page.
During the course, you will be able to contribute to the strategic development of corporate brands. You will develop a concrete concept plan and multi-channel storytelling for a client. You will use different graphic design methods and tools and apply strategic brand thinking to create a responsible marketing or communication concept. The course involves close teamwork as part of the Creative Agency Krea.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
It is recommended that students have completed the courses Strategic Branding and Marketing Communication Planning or have equivalent knowledge.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- knows the concepts and process of strategic concept planning
- can use a graphic design program at a basic level
- understand what a visual concept is,
- knows what a narrative content marketing concept is
- has some room for improvement in terms of commitment to work and scheduling
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- has a good understanding of the strategic concept design process
- has a good command of graphic design software and is able to study it in a somewhat self-directed way
- can design a branded visual concept and a distinctive narrative content marketing concept
- can produce narrative and visual content that adds value for target audiences and business customers
- be able to produce content in a multi-channel way, so that the content complements each other and reinforces the attractiveness and awareness of the concept
- be able to justify and sell their solutions, taking into account sustainability and responsible marketing aspects
- take responsibility for their own tasks in the project, actively take responsibility for the success of the project as a whole and share their knowledge within the team.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- has an excellent understanding of the strategic concept design process
- use graphic design software professionally and study it in a self-directed manner
- can design and implement a distinctive visual concept in line with brand guidelines
- design and implement a distinctive and narrative content marketing concept
- produce content in a multi-channel manner to develop an excellent customer experience
- excels at selling and justifying their solutions
- takes into account the ethical aspects of sustainability, responsibility and marketing
- is self-directed, entrepreneurial and has a positive attitude
- takes responsibility for the project with excellence, shows initiative and shares knowledge within and across teams