No upcoming implementations yet.
No ongoing implementations yet.
ONLINE: Fully remote, mandatory participation to classes.
Teaching 48 h
Independent study 87 h
The assessment of one’s own learning 1 h
Studying includes classes and exercises
Online course, fully remote. Requires active participation to classes in video conference, at the time marked in the timetable.
To participate, you'll need Internet connection, headphones, camera and a computer where you can install Linux on a virtual machine (with instructions). To be able to discuss pentest techniques, you must accept course rules.
Excellent 4.6 feedback mean.
The course web pages
Material given by the teacher, including articles and book chapters. Paid content behind paywalls could be available for free using Haaga-Helia student access. Free software and tools in student's possession is used as much as practical. For example
- Hutchins et al 2011: Intelligence-Driven Computer Network Defense Informed by Analysis of Adversary Campaigns and Intrusion Kill Chains,
- Santos et al: The Art of Hacking (Video Collection)
- Open Web Application Security Project: OWASP 10 2021
- MITRE: ATT&CK Enterprise Matrix
- Debian 11 Bullseye non-free
For previous courses, student feedback and articles, see https://TeroKarvinen.com
Guest lectures are organized if feasible. Teacher provides information about important security events during the course.
Likely international participation. It's possible to publish homework reports to talk to international audience. Course material is developed by authors from many countries, and some technical tools are multinational FOSS (Free, open source software) projects.
22.08.2022 - 14.10.2022
- Active participation in the classes, including discussions, presentations and technical tasks - Homework, including reporting technical tasks - Cross evaluation of reports and giving helpful feedback to fellow students
13.06.2022 - 19.08.2022
In course homepage, updated during the course.
15 - 25
Accepted course is evaluated with grades 1 to 5.
BITE Degree Programme in Business Information Technology