ICT Management Best Practices ICT4HM102-3002 24.08.2020-18.12.2020 5 op(MAICTE, ...)+-
Mode of delivery
24.08.2020 - 18.12.2020
15.06.2020 - 28.08.2020
15 - 40
LITEM Liiketoiminnan teknologiat -koulutus
Upon successful completion of the course, the student
- understands the concepts of ICT management and governance best practices
- knows how the best practices improve processes and operational efficiency
- can select and apply a best practice in a bimodal development environment
- can adopt a business driven view on the use of the best practices
- service management best practices and frameworks (e.g. ITIL, IT Standard for Business)
- project management best practices (e.g. waterfall and agile frameworks, DevOps)
- information technology architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- information security management (e.g. ISO27001)
- ICT governance best practices (e.g. COBIT)
Depending on the implementation, learning takes place in contact lessons, independent studies, teamwork and online-studies. The course includes the assessment of one’s own learning.
The remote learning sessions will be based on e-learning assignments. Students will build their own course portfolio by utilising their own experience and course material.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If students have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, they can show their competence via a demonstration and thus progress faster through their studies. More information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning (RPL) are available at MyNet. The student prepares a report and presentation about an ICT management best practice case to which s/he has made a substantial contribution.
Rountree, Derrick, and Ileana Castrillo. The Basics of Cloud Computing, edited by Derrick Rountree, and Ileana Castrillo, Elsevier Science, 2013.
Other literature on cloud services will be given during the course, cloud services tutorials and via software tools.
This course replaces the previous curriculum’s course ICT Management Best Practices (ISM2TX120).
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student understands the basic concepts of the best practices and their use for the benefit of the business. S/he can identify the main best practices and frameworks for various needs and at an abstract level knows how they are applied.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student has a good understanding of the concepts of the best practices and their use for the benefit of the business. S/he can identify the main best practices and frameworks for various needs and knows how they are applied in practice.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student has an excellent understanding of the concepts of the best practices and their use for the benefit of the business. S/he can identify the main best practices and frameworks for various needs and knows how they are applied and optimised in practice.