You know key leadership theories and models and are able analyse situations through them. You are able assess your own leadership, supervisory and subordinate competences and pinpoint areas needing development. You will develop your coaching skills by acting as a coach and a coachee during the course. You have developed an understanding of challenging work place situations through discussion and stories.
- Leadership theories and models
- Supervisory and subordinate skills
- Coaching in leadership
- Challenging workplace situations
Contact and distant sessions.
If you have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, you can show the competence with a demonstration and progress faster through your studies. More information and instructions for RPL are available at MyNet.
Materials to be announced in the implementation plan.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Prerequisite: HRM1LF101 Basics of Human Resource Management or equivalent competence.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts within the course’s scope, but are yet to develop the general view and the big picture of the subject matter.
- Skills: - You can complete given tasks and assignments with assistance. You need to develop how to apply knowledge.
- Competence: You demonstrate some ability to perform skills and have basic knowledge, but you have difficulty to manage without assistance
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- Knowledge: You know the key concepts well and can explain how the theories and models function and the tools are used. You have a general view of the subject matter.
- Skills: You complete given tasks and assignments independently. You apply knowledge in hands-on business related situations. You can critique your own practice and identify ways to improve.
- Competence: You demonstrate sufficient ability to perform skills and have basic to good knowledge. You can perform independently, but you have some challenges in passing on your skills and knowledge to others. You have an interest in professional development.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- Knowledge: You have a strong command of the key and related concepts. You can critically evaluate theories, models and tools. You can demonstrate explicit knowledge of the subject matter, and how it relates to other disciplines.
- Skills: You apply knowledge in demanding business related situations. You can prioritize and critically select tools and methods for solving complex problems in the subject matter.
- Competence: You execute skills with natural proficiency and you have detailed and explicit knowledge. You can perform independently and you are also able and actively willing to help others develop and pass on your skills. You have an attitude of continuous professional development.