Achieving Sustainable Development Goals, 5 cr - EXP4HM109
Course unit language
No upcoming implementations yet.
No ongoing implementations yet.
Achieving Sustainable Development Goals EXP4HM109-3001 16.01.2023-17.03.2023 5 op(MAEXPE, ...)+-
16.01.2023 - 17.03.2023
02.01.2023 - 13.01.2023
15 - 100
HOSBUM Degree Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Business
After completing the course, the student:
• has a holistic view of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• has a an understanding of the roles of different stakeholders in reaching SDGs in tourism
• is able to understand and apply the key concepts of SDGs in her/his thinking and reasoning
• can assess the appropriateness of SDGs in tourism business
• is able to understand the relevance of SDGs for tourism business
• can enhance SDGs in her/his (future) role in tourism business
• UNWTO’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Key stakeholders of SDGs
• SDGs from individual, business, community and global point of view
• Sustainable business strategies in business
• SDGs in business operations
• Solving SDGs related case in business
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student is able to define the key concepts of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and its main stakeholders and their roles in the development work. She/he can assess the appropriateness of SDGs in business to some extent.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
In addition to the competences in grade 1, the student can apply the key elements of SDGs in her/his thinking and reasoning. She/he can apply SDGs in business operations.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
In addition to the competences in grades 1 and 3, the student can recognize business opportunities related to SDGs in business. She/he is able to think critically and solve problems in a changing operational environment.
• 90-100 points - grade 5
• 80-90 points -grade 4
• 70-80 points - grade 3
• 60-70 points - grade 2
• 50-60 points - grade 1
• 0-50 points - grade 0
1) Pre-assignment (10% of grade)
2) Quizz (30 % of grade)
3) Case study based essay (50% of grade)
4) Post assignment (10% of grade)