Sustainable Business Opportunities, 5 cr - ENT012AS2AE
Course unit language
No upcoming implementations yet.
No ongoing implementations yet.
No past implementations yet.
After completion of this course or the equivalent assessment of prior learning, the student will be able to:
- understand the relevance of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in business
- recognize the shared value creation with multiple stakeholders
- recognize business opportunities in SDGs
- understand the process of business modelling in the context of sustainable development
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in business context
- The process of business opportunity recognition in SDGS
- The drivers and motivation to develop sustainable businesses
- Shared valued creation and multi-stakeholder viewpoint
- Relevant networks in sustainable business development
- Use of limited resources in business opportunity development
- Business modelling and the use of underlying tools in the context of SDGs
Contact / Blended
Recognizing prior learning: If the student has obtained the skills and knowledge matching the learning goals of the course elsewhere, for example at work, s/he can show the knowledge and skills through a demonstration. Please contact the responsible teacher. More information about this: https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/recognition-learning.
Materials in Moodle
Welcome to join the course "Sustainable business opportunities". Sustainable development is the major challenge of the 21st century. This course focuses on the sustainable development goals as an opportunity for new businesses. You will learn about process of business opportunity recognition and business modelling. After this course you understand the dimensions of environmental, social and economic impact of businesses. You will also gain skills and tools to develop sustainable future businesses. We wish to have students with entrepreneurial mindset and are also developing entrepreneurial skills during the course.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
Student knows sustainable development goals to some extent and recognizes some elements of the sustainable business development.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
Student knows sustainable development goals and is able to recognize sustainable business opportunities. Student is familiar with the sustainable business modelling and underlying tools.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
Student shows in-depth knowledge in sustainable development goals and is able to recognize sustainable business opportunities. Student is able to apply knowledge of sustainable business modelling and underlying tools.