Financial Processes and Service Design, 5 cr - ECO004AS2AE
Course unit language
Financial Processes and Service Design ECO004AS2AE-3001 25.03.2024-17.05.2024 5 op(IBE4PAACC, ...)+-
25.03.2024 - 17.05.2024
Heli Kortesalmi, Jussi Hanni, X-Palvelu Palveluliiketoiminta
15 - 45
INTBBA International Business
No ongoing implementations yet.
No past implementations yet.
After having completed this course or attained an equivalent competence level, the student:
- is able to identify financial processes of a company; also in an international business context
- is able to recognise the importance of financial process mapping and difference between master and transactional data and how they can contribute in sustainable business development initiatives
- is able to design financial process and related data flows
- is able to document and recognize development areas of processes, also from automation point of view
- is able to identify the data connections between different applications
- is able to recognise service design concepts and tools
- is able to apply service design approach in creating services and in discovering development areas in business processes
- Financial processes and documentation of them; flowcharts, data flow diagrams
- Data input, data storage, data processing
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Service design
Contact, blended, virtual
If you have acquired the required learning outcomes, you can show your competences with a demonstration. If you have any questions, please contact the responsible teacher. More information and instructions regarding the recognition of learning: https://www.haaga-helia.fi/en/recognition-learning
Romney, Steinbart,Summers,Wood: Accounting Information Systems, Pearson 2021.
Other material informed by the course teacher
Accounting and finance services are provided either to firm's internal or external customers. High quality services should fulfill customer expectations and at the same time be produced cost efficiently - digitalization and real-time solutions have enabled these goals to be met. Financial service providers are constantly looking for opportunities to find further improvement areas in all business processes. This is achieved usually by streamlining and automating processes. Therefore process knowledge and skills are essential for a business school graduate - especially in finance and accounting!
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Following BBA key and common competence courses should be completed or similar knowledge and skills gained prior to this course: