Tekoälyn mahdollisuudet liiketoiminnan kehittämisessä, 5 cr - DIG4HM006
Course unit language
Lasse Rouhiainen Jouni Soitinaho
No upcoming implementations yet.
Students in Finnish Master Degree Programmes: please note that the course is in English. However, it is possible to do the final assignment in Finnish, and get the grade in the Finnish course: Tekoälyn mahdollisuudet liiketoiminnan kehittämisessä (DIG4HM006). Enrollments are done to the English course: Artificial Intelligence in Modern Business (DIG4HM106).
The overall learning objective of the course is to give the students insight into what artificial intelligence is and the impact it will have on the economy and business processes, as well as a hands-on knowledge and examples of how to apply artificial intelligence in different business cases.
Upon completion of the course, the student is able to
• Understand and describe the role of artificial intelligence in today’s business environment
• Gain in-depth knowledge of why artificial intelligence is vital for different business processes
• Apply artificial intelligence strategy framework
• Understand how companies can use and leverage chatbots, cloud-based AI services and robotic process automation
• Understand what kind of opportunities and challenges AI will create today and in the future
• Understand and describe what skills and competences are needed in the future
• Create a simple artificial intelligence strategy plan for any business
- Practical examples of what artificial intelligence is and the impact it will have on the economy.
- Benefits and challenges that AI presents to companies.
- How artificial intelligence will transform different industries and business processes.
- How to use the AI Strategy Framework, which will guide you on how to incorporate AI pilot programs into your overall strategy plan.
- Examples of the five elements of the AI Strategy Framework and how to apply them.
- Practical example of how to use the AI Strategy Framework for creating a chatbot.
- Obtain knowledge about chatbot communication, particularly how text-only and voice-enabled chatbots work and how businesses can use them.
- Learn how cloud-based AI services work and how companies can use them.
- Gain a basic understanding of the business purposes for which robotic process automation can be used.
- See examples of how AI will transform the way we work, and the skills needed for the future.
- Develop a practical understanding of how to hire freelance AI talent.
- Obtain knowledge of technical and non-technical AI-based jobs that will be in high demand in the future.
The course consists of virtual learning and independent work.
100% virtual course
Forum discussions and participation is an important part of the course
Student can access the course material (video tutorials and materials) in Moodle
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If students have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, they can show their competence via a demonstration and thus progress faster through their studies. More information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning (RPL) are available at MyNet.
Cooperation with the business community
The studies and learning assignments seek to mirror everyday business in corporations and other organisations. The online material includes expert audio interviews from AI experts. Students may apply their learning within their current work environment.
Depending on the implementation. Students’ backgrounds and work environments will bring an international perspective to the course. Internationality can also be present through case studies, books, articles and assignments.
Artificial Intelligence: 101 Things You Must Know Today About Our Future. Lasse Rouhiainen. Amazon, 2018.
The AI Advantage: How to Put the Artificial Intelligence Revolution to Work. Thomas H. Davenport. 2018
Online videos, workbook and AI related business articles provided in the course.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
The student will focus on the business aspects of artificial intelligence. The course does not require programming skills and the main focus is how artificial intelligence could be applied in business and how AI will change business processes. Skills and interest in a logical and systematic way of working are required.
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student understands the basic concepts of artificial intelligence. S/he knows how AI can be used to create value for business. S/he can name different ways companies can use AI in their business processes.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student has a good understanding of artificial intelligence and its application for creating value for business. S/he can create a simple artificial intelligence strategy plan.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student has an excellent understanding of artificial intelligence and its application in creating value for business. S/he can create excellent artificial intelligence strategy plan and knows how to successfully apply AI.