Wallace Reynolds Heta-Liisa Malkavaara Eeva Puhakainen Hanna Rajalahti
No upcoming implementations yet.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student is able to
• Understand and describe interpersonal interaction models
• Recognise the key elements of interaction and develop his/her own interpersonal skills
• Utilise influencer marketing and personal branding for business purposes
• Deploy a human-to-human approach to marketing and communication
• Build and maintain professional networks
• Concepts and models of interaction
• Inspirational and engaging interaction for business purposes
• Influencer marketing
• Managing networks
• Personal branding
• Persuasion skills
• Channels and tools of interaction
Depending on the implementation, learning takes place in contact lessons, independent studies, teamwork and online-studies. The assessment of one’s own learning.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If students have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, they can show their competence via a demonstration and thus progress faster through their studies. More information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning (RPL) are available at MyNet.
Learning materials will be published in the implementation plan.
This course replaces the following courses in the current curriculum:
• COM4LJ007 Organization, Diversity and Employees
• COM4LJ013 Media and Public Relations
• MGT2HY201 Leadership Communication
• MGT2HY101 Johtamisviestintä
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student can recognise and describe the role and importance of interpersonal communication and public speaking in marketing/communications both face-to-face and in digital environments. S/he understands the basic concepts and models of H2H communication and influencer marketing and can apply those concepts to real-life cases. The student is self-aware and can utilise his/her own interpersonal communication and public speaking skills for marketing and communication purposes.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
In addition, the student can assess and modify his/her own communication and influencer marketing skills taking into consideration business needs and stakeholder interests. S/he can engage and inspire verbally while using digital channels to communicate effectively. S/he is able to develop and manage professional networks and utilise those for marketing and communication purposes. S/he is able to develop his/her own influencing and communication skills and personal brand.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student can accomplish all of the above and is able to engage, motivate and holistically apply the concept of H2H in marketing and communication and critically assess and evaluate his/her learning outcomes for continuous development.