ATBUM Degree Programme in Aviation and Tourism Business, LEBUM Degree Programme in Leading Business Transformation
Upon successful completion of the course, the student is able to
- Understand and describe brand management and its significance as a strategic tool in the global business environment
- Apply theories of branding, communication and marketing to practical contexts
- Recognise and address the interests of various stakeholder groups
- Create and sustain networks of collaboration with internal and/or external partners
- Apply problem identification, analysis and solving in real-life cases
- Branding and brand management as a strategic tool in an organisation
- Marketing and communication; key concepts and practical domains
- Identification, prioritisation and management of internal and external stakeholders
- Reputation, issue and crisis communication
The course is implemented as an online-course. Students work independently and in a self-directed manner according to the course timetable.
The assessment of one’s own learning is an obligatory part of the course.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If students have acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, they can present their competence via a demonstration and thus progress faster through their studies. More information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning (RPL) are available at MyNet.
Course material to be published in the implementation plan.
This course replaces following course(s) in the current curriculum:
COM2LJ002 Planning and Leading Communications
COM2LJ008 Stakeholder Communications
COM4LJ006 Issue / Crisis Communication
MGT4LG210 International marketing
MGT4LG211 Leading by branding
REG3RY010 Palvelubrändin hallinta
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student is familiar with the basics of brand management and the various aspects of communication and marketing as strategic tools for business management. S/he identifies key concepts, processes and tools of branding, communication and marketing. S/he identifies opportunities for branding and areas for development in an organization.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student is able to design solutions that benefit business based in theories of branding, communication and marketing. S/he can utilize key concepts, processes and tools related to branding, communication and marketing when justifying her/his own choices to practical business needs. S/he can evaluate and develop brand management processes and activities for the internal and/or external needs of an organization.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
In addition to the criteria above, the student can critically evaluate and develop concepts, processes and knowledge related to brand management. S/he can integrate brand perspectives into the company’s business planning and management processes in different contexts. The student can develop new ways of working and justify his/her own views successfully. S/he is able to identify key stakeholders in terms of brand management and to justify strategic choices and prioritize activities in a stakeholder-driven manner.