After successful completion the student will learn diversified vocabularies and grammar skills in spoken language expressions and master the basic skills of reading and writing Chinese characters. The student is able to obtain survival level language skills in everyday life, traveling and work situations with a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and ways of living. The student will be well placed to transfer the studies to business Chinese and apply for a student exchange at a Chinese-speaking university in numerous mega cities in China, Hongkong, Singapore, Malaysia or Taiwan ect.
• advanced level learning and practice of the Pinyin system
• telling the time, hobbies and everyday routines
• telling about one's family
• survival level language skills in everyday life situations in a tee house, café, bar, restaurant, shop, etc.
• survival level language skills in traveling situations such as buying train and plane tickets, asking for directions, etc.
• grammar rules for creating different types of sentences
• different kinds of question sentences and their answers
• advanced level understanding and interpreting of complicated Chinese characters
The course includes voluntary online consulting- and learning sessions, where pronunciation and conversations are practiced.
The student will learn and practice independently with the help of teaching videos, recordings, texts and various exercises on the learning platform. The student is required to complete independently different learning tasks and assignments.
All learning materials can be found from Ulysseus Moodle. All registered students will get instructions for the login via email before the course starts.
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Chinese 1, or one year of beginning level Chinese
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
Weekly assignments 30%
Final assignments: 70%