Chinese 4 CHI004AS2AE-3001 25.03.2024-17.05.2024 5 op(TR4HEINT, ...)+-
25.03.2024 - 17.05.2024
02.01.2024 - 22.03.2024
15 - 45
INTBBA International Business
No ongoing implementations yet.
No past implementations yet.
A student who has completed this course or has acquired equal knowledge will be able to
• operate and communicate even more fluently in different oral and written situations in work life taking into account cultural characteristics
• utilize different sources of information in Chinese society
• understand Chinese business culture and business etiquette
• apply language flexibly also in new situations
• broaden and deepen their language skills also independently.
• work life communication and related practices
• telling about education and your own career plans
• public relations communication
• presentation on Chinese business culture in English and Chinese
2. If you already have reached the learning outcomes of this course you can demonstrate your knowledge. Ask for more information from the lecturer of the course. Additional information concerning recognition of prior learning (RPL):
3. Course completion also possible through Work & Study concept
Meiru Liu 2006: Basic Business Chinese, Beijing University Press
Handouts and materials provided by the teacher
You are warmly welcome to learn business communication in a workplace context. In this course you will get acquainted with Chinese business culture and business etiquette, as well as learn to tell about your education background, work experiences and future career plans ect. Make your Chinese language your trump card in the labor market!
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Chinese 1, Chinese 2 and Chinese 3 courses or equal knowledge
Assessment criteria - grade 1
The student copes adequately with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Chinese language is not yet progressing consistently. The language contains main structures, basic vocabulary and some professional vocabulary, but sometimes is difficult to understand and there is still a lot of room for improvement. The student knows the structures of the required characters and understands only part of the written characters required for the course.
Assessment criteria - grade 3
The student copes well with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Chinese language is progressing consistently and it is understandable. The language contains main structures, basic vocabulary and some professional vocabulary, but there is still room for improvement. The student knows well the structures of the required characters and understands most of the written characters required for the course.
Assessment criteria - grade 5
The student copes very well with the usual communication situations in both general and professional language. The Chinese language is structurally clear and fluent. His/Her skills in the written and oral Chinese correspond very well to the learning outcomes of the course in the most important professional and everyday communication situations. The student not only masters the structures of the required characters but can also apply the knowledge in learning new characters. She/He understands almost all the written characters required for the course.