The student knows the theory and process of corporate identity design and communication. The student can create and analyse a design brief and can design a visual identity concept. The student learns how to use image processing and graphic design programs. The student can plan and produce a visual identity solution for a client in accordance with the design brief.
Corporate Identity Design
If the student has acquired the required competence in previous work tasks, recreational activities or on another course, s/he can contact the teacher in charge of the course to agree on how to show the competence. Information and instructions for recognising and validating prior learning are available on MyNet.
The students plan and implement a corporate identity design project as part of the operations of Creative Agency Krea (www.krea.fi).
The visual identity solution (such as a logo design) produced for the client needs to take into account the challenges of appealing to both local and global audiences.
The students learn to take entrepreneurial responsibility for planning and implementing the projects as agreed with the client/cooperation partner.
Materials on Moodle
Passing the course requires commitment to the team work and contact sessions. The grade is based on the communications materials produced (50 %) and on the student’s own commitment and attitude (50 %).
Starting level and linkage with other courses
Assessment criteria - grade 1
- has basic knowledge of the process of corporate identity design
- knows how to plan a visual concept
- can use graphic design programs on a basic level to produce a visual identity solution
Assessment criteria - grade 3
- is well familiar with the process of corporate identity design
- can create and analyze a visual design brief and produce an insightful visual concept that meets the needs of the client
- can use image processing and graphic design programs to produce a presentable visual identity solution
Assessment criteria - grade 5
- can successfully manage the process of corporate identity design
- can create and analyze a visual design brief and produce an insightful visual concept that adds value to the client’s brand
- can use image processing and graphic design programs with skill to produce a professional visual identity solution ready to be taken into use by the client